About Our Lodge
The Lodge was founded, in 1949, by past pupils of Tottenham Grammar School. The School had been re-endowed by Sarah Duchess of Somerset in 1692, finally closing its doors after 300 years in 1992. Since then, it has been an ‘Open’ lodge, meaning we are able to draw our membership from any walk of life, although there remain a number of old boys of the School in membership.
Our membership is now quite diverse, with members coming from the fields of education, finance, entrepreneurs, the police force and the professions.
Many of the old school traditions continue, and new members embrace the history behind them. The Lodge’s name is a translation of the school motto ‘Foy Pour Devoir’, and the school song is sung once a year at one of our dinners.
We are known for our friendliness, welcoming approach and exceptionally positive atmosphere. There is a strong family feeling within the Freemason Lodge, and inclusion is an important part of everything we do.